Ok, so I reeled you in with the title of this post...chocolate! That'll make anyone glance twice ;-)
Here you go...as ever a super versatile, breakfast, brunch, snack...whatever (omit the choc and add other flavours if you feel choc is a bit much for an everyday breakfast ;-) This totally set me up for the day. Fitness, motivation, endurance and focus is as much built in the mind as it is in the body... I promise this 'power' bowl will kick both into touch!
Hot choc power pudding:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I have precooked portions in the freezer at all times for speed)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tbs peanut butter (or other- hazlenut butter is fab!!)
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- Handful of Wholeplus Toppers of choice (to desired sweetness)
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 2 tbs raw cacao or carob (note carob is slightly sweeter)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings of choice (I used a handful of goji berries and mixed red/black currants plus extra chia)
Note: you could sub some of the quinoa with part oats.
Prepare the quinoa if uncooked.
Add the quinoa, milk, nut butter, chia and sweetener to a pan and simmer on the stove for a few minutes until well mixed and warmed through. Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients, stir to mix well.
Spoon into bowls and add the toppings of choice. Eat immediately or chill half for eating later!