Welcome to the first of my guest post from ambassadors of the the Wholeplus Toppers. I am so excited to be sharing their recipes over the coming months as many new and exciting things unfold for the Wholeplus concept an I take healthy nutrition to whole new level... keep your eyes peeled and sign up to the newsletter to be kept in the know (and grab amazing special offers when I re-luanch!)
Recipe: Chunky Chocolate & Coconut Flapjacks
(makes 12 flapjacks)
- 1/3 cup (70g) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (100g) date syrup
- 1/3 cup (35g) cacao powder
- 2 medium ripe banana
- 3 cups (300g) oats
- 1 cup (150g) Wholeplus Choc Coconut Topper
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180ºc, then line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper (I used a 21cm x 21cm tin).
- Add the coconut oil and date syrup to a large saucepan and gently stir them together over a low-medium temperature until the coconut oil has melted. Stir in the cacao powder.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly and place them in the saucepan. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat then add the oats to the liquid gradually, stirring well. The flapjack mixture should be thick and sticky, with little to no liquid. Once you've used all the oats, stir in the Wholeplus topper.
- Pour the flapjack mixture into the baking tin, smooth over the top then bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the centre of your oven, until golden brown and slightly crispy on top.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then remove the greaseproof paper from the tin and slice the flapjack into 12 pieces. Store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Meghan is a vegan foodie with a passion for creating delicious plant-based recipes. Meghan believes that a healthy lifestyle should be enjoyable and sustainable, and you should always eat and live in a way that will make you glow inside out - whether that means eating a big bowl of nourishing veggies and quinoa or devouring a delicious bowl of ice cream!